Monday, September 29, 2008

update from Meryl

Hey Everyone! Meryl here... figured it was time to get my blog on!
Here's a little update...
We had an unbelievable time doing Street Invaders in Estevan, we had the opportunity to learn a lot that we probably wouldn't have just working all summer. We were both really excited to come back to Burnaby and kinda pick up where we left off. I went back to working at the YMCA doing childcare... (I'll let Brian blog himself and share what all he's doing and been doing... so for now I'll just speak for myself.) It's not exactly my most favorite thing in the world... but I must say the walking to and from 4 times a day is great for my calves lol. Gotta look at the positive when you're not crazy about your job!
Hmmm... well Trace and I have agreed to give the BMO Vancouver 1/2 Marathon a go, which is on May 3rd or something like that.... so we got plenty of time to train our butts off - literally. Last year we trained and it was soooooooo good, unfortunately we didn't get to run it together, but this year for sure!
My big exciting thing for October is of course Brian and I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary! wow... married for 3 whole years - crazy eh... but as great as that is... I have been waiting my WHOLE life... well not my whole life, but close like 15 years for this moment - On October 20th we will be sitting in GM Place at the CELINE DION CONCERT!!!! I'm not even joking, I hope I can stay concious for the whole thing, but I just might pass out! I'm a freak i know. But I seriously heart her... so so much! Brian got me the tickets last Christmas, so it's been a long time coming!
I'm waiting to hear back from an organization that I will be volunteering with that is a group of people who are raising money and support to build an Eating Disorder Treatment Center in Vancouver. The organization is called The Looking Glass www.lookingglassbc.com check it out. I'm really excited to see what will come of this, cuz it's totally my heart to help girls with this issue that plagues so many.

Just so those of you read this know, I have a little personal blog that I update once in a while if you wanna check it out www.heartisonfire.blogspot.com

I know this was kinda random and all over the place, but take what you can get i guess!
Hope all who is reading this is doing well and is living in the reality of who Jesus has called you to be!
Blessings!
Meryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's good to hear from you girl! :)anna