Thursday, April 02, 2009

Adventures???!!

Well, our adventures moving in are continuing. :s But in not such a good way! Nicole and I moved into our new place on Saturday, and Tuesday.. As I rode my bike into the back yard, I noticed water streaming down the outside of the basement door. This could be normal in Vancouver.. If it was raining! But it wasn't raining.

I walked in the door, and out kitchen and bathroom were flooded with a mini-fire-hydrant spraying out of the bathroom!

Well, I doned my rubber booties, and hopped right in trying to shut off the water valves. The good thing is, that we had nothing on the floors, so nothing was damaged upstairs. Although in the basement (where it poured like a rainstorm), a few boxes of my files and journals and books and Christmas decor got soaked. Unfortunately, it leaked into the carpet in Nic's room. Sooo.. We have the 'emergency' crew in right now, ripping out the flooring, some drywall, drying out the place and we PRAY that repairs are done quickly! If not, we'll be relocating to a different rental. Sigh. Graciously, Brian and Meryl have Nic crashing there for now, and tonight.. I'm at the MB house.

Thank goodness for lovely friends. :)









My room with all our goods crammed in..

No comments: