Sunday, August 06, 2006

and tonight's last number..

watched part of my grandpa's memorial service tonight on DVD..
listened to myself singing my tribute to him.. and then got me thinking to me and what will be said at my grave, at my memorial.. then got thinking about this church plant, my life, my destiny, my purpose..

kinda wrote a poem, but not really..i think i have always sucked at poetry, but whatever..here's part of me tonight..

the lights are beginning to dim in the houses around me, the night is drawing near.
i think about the future and wonder why and what it is that i sometimes fear.

i could say it is my weaknesses, my lack and all my faults.
but i know that none of those qualify me to be knocked off.

instead it almost feels childlike, vulnerable yet exciting.
to know that my jesus will walk with us, oh how very inviting.

when i close my eyes and stop to see His face,
i see Him in every part of who i am and who i'll be.

streams of different songs running thru my head
but tonight as i get ready to lay my head down
this one holds to be the loudest instead:

there's only us
there's only this
forget regret or life is yours to miss
no other road
no other way
no day like today.


this is no day like today, my friends.
carpe diem - seize the day. god made YOU for THIS day.
and DANG, i'm bless that we're walking THIS day TOGETHER.

goodnight my family, i love you. <3

No comments: