Wednesday, August 02, 2006

home

We went camping with my mom's side of the family this weekend.. it was Smith's and us... all 6 of us cousins were there! probably won't happen again for a while, but it was awesome while it lasted...

i travelled with Mike and Alison and we went to the farm on Thursday night before going to Cypress Hills on Friday. We got there at about 1am so everyone was in bed... all was quiet... even as we drove into the yard my heart began to stir... this is what i wrote in my journal that night...

"there hasn't been a time in the last couple years that I've been here and part of me hasn't longed for this place. I come into the yard I see the changes and I wish I was here more. perhaps it's an illusion that i'm chasing... perhaps my memory is far rosier than reality but for some reason this place stirs up some sort of longing in my heart... perhaps it's for the country itself but i'm begining to wonder if it isn't rather what this place, this farm represents for me. a place i can always come "home" to... a place that embraces all people, every size, shape and color... a place that will forever hold so many memories of laughter and love and stability in the midst of change and uncertainty. Can there be such a place in everyone's life? Is it possible that this what the "church" should feel like to people... a place of love and acceptance, stability and consistancy, a place to come home to?"

i guess this is the essence of community but i realize when i'm thrown back to the times and places that i've experienced it that it's what everyone is longing for and so few people truely have...

maybe it's what we will become for people...

2 comments:

tracey said...

i'm in tears..sigh..

Zaira said...

thanx for sharing that, my heart is full of emotion, can't explain it.