Friday, August 24, 2007

Brian's journey from door to door to calling strangers, to spinning a gambling wheel??.

well well well. look who it is, Mr. Reesor. out of the shadows.
well not really but it has been quite the time since I came to offer whatever I am offering on this blog site.
the job search has been interesting for me, and thus consuming a lot of my life this past month.
From doing door to door marketing for natural gas and BC childrens hospital, to cold calling for a guy to try to sell some expensive paintings through an art consultant, to having an interview at the Burnaby School board and that not working out, to going to a construction job fair(you heard that right, me at a construction job placement agency) to applying at a nice waterfront restaurant, to which I could have started as a bus boy, oh and thats not all.
It has been quite the journey and the adventure. working with different types of people for short periods of time and learning some new things.
I had an interview at Vancouver Christian School and I thought it went good, but I got the fateful call telling me otherwise. Then I was like God what am i supposed to do?
Meryl told me to look for something heavy duty and just make some good money and I was like thats not really what I do. but i looked under labor jobs the next day and the first one on the screen was for a road worker, $15/hr, long hours so i said hey might as well email the guy and so I did. And here we come to the end of my job search being employed by Scottish Line Painting, where like the name is, we paint or thermoplastics lines on the newly paved roads and intersections. so here I am, excited, a bit nervous but happy to have a job. oh and how can i forget my latest job- working at the fair as a Blackjack and money wheel spinner, trying to convince people to gamble. wow. i tell you, that was an interesting 2 days. and I probably should save the Ugly outfit party for another blog. hopefully those reading this can get a glimpse of a little bit of my experience here. want to know more, email me at brianreesor1@hotmail.com or just ask on the blog. its good to know non mission burnaby people are reading this. love you all.
brian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you got a job!! your stories ... hehe ... makes me laugh. take care you guys!
anna

Anonymous said...

Wow, Brian, I'm impressed with your efforts in job hunting!! I hope you are enjoying painting intersections. Thanks for the update. Heather B.