Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Home.

I moved to Burnaby September 1st, 2007.

Why add the year, you ask? It makes it seem more official. Like when the BC licensing agent handed me my temporary BC drivers license and said... "Welcome to BC!". Yup. I'm home.

Interesting. It was harder leaving than it is coming.
Leaving Estevan, it was saying good bye to amazing people, my friends, and not only that... But the season of life that it was. Still weird using the term 'was' when referring to Estevan. :) Anyway, it was acknowledging that all the stuff that God was doing in this place, walking with my amazing church, and all the jobs that were ahead of me are now officially finished. That is hard for me. I miss everyone so much already.

Coming is a different story. So far. :) I'm having fun re-connecting with everyone, learning how to read a map, instead what I'm used to in Estevan.. "Go to the green building that used to be the Saan store between the theatre and the bank corner..." Nope. This kind of direction doesn't work anymore. I actually have to know street names here.

I'm living in the Burnaby house, in the downstairs apartment area where Darlene and Scott are, sharing a room with Nicole. There is a kitchen downstairs, but I eat upstairs... This is a no-brainer. Jonathan is in chef school. He cooks upstairs. :) Need I say more?

As most of the team when they 1st came, PLEASE PRAY FOR THE JOB I WILL GET. Thank you!

I'm just sitting with Anna Rose Heppner, she asked me to let everyone know, "I miss my house, I'm crying right now. I miss everyone. I hope they have fun. I like it here because of my school. It's so happy to be here, but I miss Estevan and all my friends really much. I love you guys. The end."

Caleb says, "I miss everyone and my house."

Thanks everyone for all your support in moving here! Lani

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lani!! Yeah!!!!

So psyched for you...praying with you guys!!!

LOVE you!

Kindra