Monday, September 24, 2007

life




well i figured i'd just write a little of what's going on here in Burnaby with me just to keep everyone up to speed.

we're pretty much all unpacked and settled into our apartment... there are times when it's hard to look out the window and see the view that we see, i feel an innumerable amount of emotions when i do, homesickness, fear, excitement, wonder... just to name a few. but all that to say, it's an incredible blessing to be here.

on friday brian and i are going to be part of a weekend seminar called "Life in the Margins" at Jacob's Well which is in the downtown eastside of vancouver, one of the poorest postal codes in Canada. I'm really excited to be part of this - although am sad because we're missing out on an amazing dinner party that will be going down at the Mission Burnaby house... :( such is life i guess.. but i really feel God has something for me at this seminar, whether it be a softening in my heart, a new spark to the fire he's blazing inside of me... anything, i'm going with great expectancy from Him! the seminar is going to be about how we as Christians are called to respond to the poverty and homelessness in our city. What does Jesus say? What does he ask of us? I have something in my heart that cries out for the homeless... for those of you who don't know, my real dad was an alcoholic and addicted to drugs, and he actually overdosed and died here in vancouver... when i see the broken homeless men on the streets i see my dad who i never knew, and I long to be part of a renewal... an awakening.. not just in their lives, but in mine, because there are parts of me that are lost and homeless, so poor and desperate. My heart wants to be part in finding true richness... and it terrifies the crap out of me... but i still long to push toward it...

aside from that... this season of mine and brian's life is hectic, we ask for your prayers. he works insano hours... sometimes he comes home from work at 7:00 in the morning just as I'm heading out the door to catch a bus at 7:20... sometimes if it works out right we can meet at a train station as i'm getting off work and he's going to work to have a slice of pizza... we know it's just for a season, he's not going to be doing this job for much longer... just a month or two, but in it please join us in praying for a unity, as well that God would provide a perfect job for him working with youth and using his addictions counseling certificate...

hmm, i think that's all i'll ramble on about... i miss you all back in saskatchewan...
love you all!

No comments: