Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Risks

Hi, to whoever reads thus…Yes, I am finally writing in the blog. Bout time hey? It’s hard to blog when nothing is really happening in my life personally. (I know excuses, excuses)

Well…Updates, I’ll tell you my journey; not just as info, but as my story and where God has brought me, and bringing me, for I know you all care, and I know you are all praying for me. Thank you for that.
Officially, it’s been two months exactly since I moved to Burnaby. It’s been an amazing journey of self discovery. I’ll give a brief timeline of what has happened in my life so far.

I flew in Nov 15th, on my birthday. It was a wonderful present for me; I was able to see all my friends that I haven’t seen in a long time.
I moved in with Lani into a 3 bedroom apartment, roommates again! Yeah!
Yes, it was interesting getting use to the sky train, bus, and massive amounts of people of so many ethnics. I may be the odd one out, but I love the sky train, sea bus, and the bus. Public transportation is by far better then walking everywhere, and I love that I can say, “thank you” to the bus driver.

(I told you…There was nothing happening)

As I said before, I am on a journey of self discovery. And as I write this to the people who care, hear what Jesus says to you as you walk your journey…I have news.
Ever since being in Burnaby, I have gone through so many questions with God, and have sought his face over and over on what my purpose is in the time I’m here. The one answer He gave me is, “the sky was my limit”. Pretty much, whatever you do, you will you go beyond what you know. He also gave me pictures of me flying, or spreading my wings, and taking risks in jumping, knowing He will provide the wind beneath my wings. My purpose in moving to Burnaby was to build relationships, which meant getting a job. I just wanted to know where I was suppose to work, because everything I’ve tried didn’t work out, every job I was interviewed for didn’t fit me. I had a job for 2 weeks at a deli coffee shop, but it didn’t work out, and I ended up quitting. I have been searching, trying to find the right place for me, finding myself very discouraged about that. I didn’t know hope anymore, or what my dream was, I wrote this in my Renga poem last month,

“I find myself in an unknown abyss
feeling nothing, knowing I was meant to fly.
Seeing hope, but I don't know how to grasp.”

I was going through a hard time, not knowing my purpose in Burnaby. I knew what we are doing is amazing, but don’t know how I fit in the puzzle of the mission.
Then it happened…on January 6th I received an updated letter from the NHOP (National House of Prayer) in Ottawa, it said that they are putting on a program called the Nazarite Call. Calling young adults giving themselves to prayer for the sake of Canada, pressing through on behalf of their generation.
I usually briefly gaze at these letters, but it stirred my spirit to “fly” with this.

One dream God put in my heart a long time ago, is the nation of Canada, my nation. I know that I am called to Canada; I know God has called me to pray for Canada and to fall in love with my country.
After I read this, heart jumped and fell at the same time. I knew I was to go, I knew my hope; God showed me how to chase my dream. But how do you tell a team of people you’ve been with for 2 years in pursuit of Burnaby, that God was calling me to Ottawa?? It was honestly one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. Let me tell you, I have a bagful of lies, because when I told the team about where I wanted to go, and what I wanted to do, I expected everyone to have anger, hurt, frustration, and doubt in me. Instead, I know I shocked them with the news I had, but they in return shocked me. They respond in love and in compassion. They truly were Jesus in those moments, releasing me, (as Tracey said to me),“to fly”. (Confirmation!)It was amazing!

So, in my heart I know I’m going, but I’m in the process of being accepted to go. The program starts in March, and I don’t have enough money to go. As I told my parents about my future journey, they told friends, and a friend of theirs offered me a job in Swift Current to work full time, allowing me to work a month and a half so I can save up for Ottawa. I’m hoping I am able to save enough to go. So, as you read this, I am no longer in Burnaby, but I am back in Saskatchewan living with my Mother and Father. It seems like an over night decision, and I’m sure everyone who reads this is completely shocked, and has many questions and comments. This decision isn’t because I was upset, or frustrated with the city, or Mission Burnaby, or that I'm giving up, but it’s a decision that I know will be the best for my dream ahead.
You may wonder if I was meant to be in Burnaby for those two months…without a doubt, I know that Burnaby was to be my home these past two months.
What Mission Burnaby is, I will take with me wherever I go. I don’t know where my path will take me after this program is over, I’m just trusting God on where He is taking me, in the right direction.
I’m the first sent one from Mission Burnaby; therefore, I am going to still write in the blog on where I am at and keep you updated. If you need more details email or phone me. I love you all. Keep praying.
This is the site for NHOP; it has more details on what I’ll be doing.
www.nhop.ca
Thank you family.

Megan MacQuin

P.S. Thank you for reading my book:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Meagan! God will not steer you wrong what better place to serve your country than in its capital! I believe you are on the right path, your heart is most definitely in the right place!A bird has to hop around on the ground here and there before it learns to fly. You will soar one day. Be patient!
Love ya! Jacque
P.S. I know where you could always get a job if you really needed one!!lol.

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! That is so awesome, I am so proud of you! You sound like you are in the right place!
lots of love
anna

Lani said...

Thank you for sharing Megan! It's good to hear your heart again on this... And we bless you to go. Our first missionary!