Monday, October 08, 2007

thankful...

There are alot of things I am very thankful for and remember to be thankful for all throughout the year. Things like family, far and near, friends, old and new, and God, unchanging. This Thanksgiving God has been reminding me of some of the things I often forget about and take for granted.

I am working today on the holiday so I can take another day off later when my parents come to visit. (super sweet!)
It's easy for me to forget to be thankful for my job. :)

I have a dentist appointment today too.
It's easy for me to forget to be thankful for teeth (and good health in general) and medical care (and now partial dental coverage - woot woot!)

We went to the grocery store Saturday to buy turkey dinner supplies.
It's easy for me to forget to be thankful for easy access to food and the money to buy it.

I slept in a warm, safe bed last night and took a hot shower this morning.
It's easy for me to forget to be thankful for a nice place to live, a peaceful country to call home and dependable electricity and running water.

I'm in "process" working through the "junk" in my life. Somedays painfully coming to the other side of it, somedays painfully staying right in the middle of it, somedays painfully avoiding it.
It's easy for me to forget to be thankful that Jesus continues to contend for me because He thinks I'm worth fight for.

The moments when I'm confident there is and was no other time but now for me to be at this exact place in life, I'm thankful for God's incredibly impeccable timing. But somedays, He reminds me again of how perfect it is and how grace filled He is. Today is one of those days.

No comments: