Tuesday, October 30, 2007

lessons from the bus part 2

This morning when I got to the bus I was standing in the line of people and decided I needed a pen out of my bag. I can’t remember why. O ya, it was to write something down so I wouldn’t forget it. Ironic. Anyway…

So with my mitts on and my bag still over my shoulder, I started rooting around for a pen. I knew there were at least two in there so I was bound to find one, right? Well, not easily! I rooted around between my book and my notebook, my lunch and work security card, my gum and hand sanitizer, my ipod and random papers (By now your thinking – Mary Poppins bag. Almost!) I couldn’t feel a pen.

Maybe if I took my mitt off I’d have better luck? Sure enough, as soon as I slipped my unmitted hand into the uncharted depths of my bag it found a pen.

And again, just like yesterday, a thought popped into my head.

Sometimes for us to feel where we are going and be able to find what we are really looking for it requires that we strip ourselves of some of our protection – or we allow God to in the places we can’t.

I won’t even go into what I mean by protection. You can figure it what it means for you…

Just another random bus thought…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your random bus thoughts are pretty deep girl! ... interesting and really good thought, I think I might be pondering that one for awhile.
:)anna