Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Explorer

Isaiah 30:18
and therefore the Lord earnestly waits...to be gracious to you, and therefore He lifts Himself up that He may have mercy on your and show loving-kindness to you...

It is overwhelming to me to know that He waits for me. That He is eager with anticipation at the 'news' of my coming...coming to Him. He is whispering, calling, beckoning...inviting me to hear what my soul longs to hear. What is it? You tell me...what is the whisper you are waiting for? What morsel of truth is your heart longing to hear? Because honestly...we are all explorers...longing to 'go' somewhere at heart...waiting for something.

Let me share an excerpt I read recently that stirred my heart. Does it stir yours?

from The Explorer by Rudyard Kipling
"There's no sense in going further - it's the edge of cultivation. So they said and I believed it - broke my land and sowed my crop - built my barns and strung my fences in the little border station - tucked away below the foothills where the trail runs out and stops.

Till a voice, as bad as conscience, rang interminable changes on one everlasting whisper, day and night repeated so:
'Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look by beyond the ranges - something lost behind the ranges, lost and waiting for you. GO!'

Anybody might have found it, but His whisper came to me."

peeringthroughthejungle,
j

No comments: