Thursday, March 15, 2007

leaving day approaches fast

well, my last week in estevan is about to draw to a close... full of packing, cleaning and purging... good byes and estevan "lasts"... some comedy and white trash moments as only a trip to the dump can facilitate...

my house is almost completely empty... only a couple last minute things to do tonight before it's officially not my house anymore. sigh.

my mom comes to estevan tonight... tomorrow we are going to moose jaw to spend the night with my cousins, aunt and uncle and grandparents, as well as mike & alison and brian & meryl. Dad is flying into Regina tomorrow night so I will get to be with the whole family the night before i go. i'm really excited about that... it might be a while before we are all together again.

so many changes, so many new things on the horizon... so much anticipation, wonder and
nervousness. it's hard for me to accept that a season of my life has ended... it's been so awesome living in the same city as my immediate family... so much time to spend together... not having that in the next season will be different, hard some days... that's why i am so very thankful for you guys... my community... my adopted family...

God has showed my two verses in the last few weeks...

Ps. 27: 10 "when my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me"

not that my parents have forsaken me... but you get the drift :)...

Col 2:7 "let you roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him. then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will over flow with thankfulness."

i'm excited about what God is going to do in me, through me and around me... in us, through us and around us... i don't know what it will look like, i don't know how it will happen but I know that God will do it... i have faith that God will reveal His heart through us....

love you guys... so glad to be walking with you in this adventure...
erin

No comments: