Saturday, December 29, 2007

Don't you just love being challenged?

well equally as much as everyone else on here being challenged sometimes isnt that comfort... well usually never is that comfortable. I have been listening to an mp3 audio book called "One thing you cant do in heaven" and it is about witnessing. Well this guy that wrote it, mark cahill, is unbelievable, he witnesses to anyone, anywhere, anytime.. needless to say i have been challenged to at least start by talking to a person on the bus instead of reading or fancy that listening to mark cahill.. :-)
anyway i was coming home the other day and this older gentleman got on the bus and he was having a hard time doing so, but he got settled down in his seat and away the bus went. i could see from this man that he had some kind of leg pain and it was a larger man as well. the immediate thought that came to my head was to go over and talk to him, find out what was wrong and pray for him if he would let me, it was Christmas day after all. but i told myself if he gets off at my stop then I will, and low and behold he did.
as he got off the bus I came beside him and asked do you mind if i ask what i wrong with your leg?
and he told me that he was overweight and had flat feet in a matter of fact tone. then he exclaimed that he was losing weight though.
i talked to him a bit more and he said that he is ok when he is moving but when he sits it takes time to get back up.
his name was ernest and so i asked him if he would let me pray for him. to which he replied, you pray for people too!" well knock me off my feet and call my dolly i thought to myself. he turned out to be a believer and had seen many healings in his day, but not so much anymore he said, to which i replied probably because people like us aren't being obedient, and thats why we need to be. he told me he went to a church downtown that benny hinn's brother pastors so we talked a bit about our "church plant" as well. it was a little chilly so i prayed for him and we went our separate ways.
I wish i could bottle up the feeling after I actually do something I feel the Lord telling me to do, it feels so good to obey, but more often than not, i ignore the person, turn up mark cahill(or anything else for the matter) in my earphones, or open my book and continue to be in my own world. Just a little bit of my journey lately.

No comments: