Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jonathans


I exist in a paradox.
I am tired but more alive than I have ever been, confused by more clear, lonely yet more loved, afraid yet more bold, hurting yet more whole, longing and so aware of my emptiness but more full than I have ever been.
This journey has taken me away from all that is sure and into a land of fragility…this is the land of my dreams.

A land where my weakness is the answer to the cry of my generation; that they might know they are not alone and that the road they travel has companions, friends…family.
A land where my heart thirsts for more of this world’s inhabitants – a mosaic of broken pieces making up something beautiful, something authentic, something priceless.

And so I push.
I push for more for me; I push for more for them; I push for more for us.
Despite the fragility, I run, I fall, I trip, I crawl, I stand, I leap, I soar.

And find again this paradox.
Knowledge…and experience, faith…and action, fear…and release, dream…and reality.

1 comment:

Anna said...

sigh ... I love seeing everyone's writing style, it is all so different, yet flows. good stuff.