Wednesday, May 09, 2007

whats been happening with me lately

well i have been trying to stay on task working on my counseling assignments and it has been going pretty good.
I sent a text to all of you saying that I got my first assignments back that i handed in early April.
I would have to say things went well I got an A and my instructor seemed to like what i wrote and how I combined my views and the text's views. so that was a breath of fresh air.
My second assigment dealt with more about the actual addicted individual and attending some AA and NA meetings and reporting on those.
I also got the opportunity to interview a guy that has been clean for 12 years but for about 12 years from 20 on was addicted to pot and it really took over his life. It was so cool for him to talk about how he went into NA with the willingness and openness to change and his higher power enabled him to quit from that day on! so cool. hopefully i will be able to meet up with him a time or two before I leave.
Now I am dealing with psychopharmacology- yikes is what I first said too. but i am about half through the book and it seems to be dealing with drugs vs. therapy as medication options. but man they like to use big words and when i look them up on dictionary.com they are defined as like drugs affecting the mind, or the body, or the study of disease within an addiction, i wish they would just say that instead of psychobiology, pyscho this and pyscho that.. but its all good.
Other than that we have been slowly packing up some boxes which sit in the corner of our apartment. most of our weekends are taken up until we leave but i think it will be ok, well i know it will.
This has been a good week,yah thats right week, for getting out of bed and spending specific time with God. I know how important it is to do even more now as this transition happens in our lives. he has been faithful though even though sometimes i am faithless. praise God for that one.
well thats about it for now i guess. time is ticking away until we will be in sunny, thats right sunny BC.
love you all
brian

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

hey bri...
like i said in my text...congrats on the school stuff...for pushing into it and being successful. don't go psycho. chuckle.
sigh...hope your moving prep is going okay. i know that my heart sometimes disconnects when i start uprooting...trying to 'skip' the pain part of it i guess. anyway...have been and will be thinking of you as you leave the familiar and a lot of meryl's fam and connections. i think it's awesome that in the process you're being drawn closer to Christ...that kinda like Him.
thanks for sharing your heart. let's do coffee...how 'bout mid july?
sw