Monday, July 16, 2007

Life in Estevan...














Pics from my 1st Pow wow. (taken while setting up a booth for my job with Passage)
Hey, yes I'm still alive although i haven't blogged in a little bit. :)

Brian and Meryl are in Burnaby which means that I'm one step closer to moving there. I drive out of Estevan on August 20th, and I will be in Burnaby to stay September 1st.

To give you an update on my situation here... In January, I went to 1/2 time working at the Estevan Church of God and began working as a receptionist at Community Advocates for Employment as well as serving at Boston Pizza. WORKING 3 JOBS IS NOT SMART. In case you are wondering my opinion about that. :) It was a bit excessive. In May I was offered full time at Community Advocates for Employment as a youth outreach worker. I took it!
It has been a great opportunity. My job has been working with another great lady named Linda starting a youth program called Passage and find the kids for us to work with focusing on Estevan, the rural towns around here, and the reserves. We are working with youth 15-30 that aren't working or in school that have obstacles to overcome. Stuff like addictions, they might live in a rural area without access to a job, a single mom, a criminal record... whatever.
So it's been very fun, meant lots of creativity, and a big learning curve.
I'm getting more and more excited about moving out, and I feel God preparing my heart more each day. Slowly winding down what I've been doing in ministry, and also winding down HOW i've been doing ministry.
Well, that's probably enough for now, have an amazing day everyone!
Lani

7 comments:

Pilgrim said...

hey lani...
so good to hear how you're doing...and to sense the expectation in your heart. looking forward to sharing the city with you.
thanks for including the beautiful pics too.
sw

tracey said...

wow..i'm soooo jealous you went to your first pow wow..

cant wait for you to be here girl.. how many sleeps??? :)

erin said...

very cool! good to know you're still alive. can't wait to see your purdy face!

J said...

what? you are alive? are you serious? i mean... i am just so shocked, stunned, overwhelmed, relieved...chuckle.
i am jealous too...those pictures captured my heart...someday.
come 'home' soon.

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. It seriously warms my heart hearing your comments!!!! And Trace, I was just figuring it out. 34 sleeps until I'm there to drop off my stuff, and 40 sleeps until I'm there to stay. Wow.

Lani said...

Sorry, the 'anonymous' comment was from me. Lani. :)

Daniel said...

word up to the sister