Wednesday, July 25, 2007

running...

I was running the other day (ya ya, pick yourselves up off the floor) and totally ready to quit and just walk the rest of the way home. It was up hill, I was just done and ready to be home. Then the song "Running" by Christ for the Nations came on (I was listening to my Vancouver jewellery - my ipod).

"I hear the voice, the voice of the one I love, He's calling my name...
Come up higher, hear the angels sing, come up higher My beloved...

I am running, running after You, You've become my soul's delight
I am running, running after You, here with You I find my life.."

And I was reminded how often I "run" after Jesus, I pursue my relationship with Him, I pray, I listen for Him, for His leading and direction but then it gets hard or I get tired of it. So I slow down to a walking pace and then even slower, more like a saunter.

And the same is true of the things I love to do that I choose pursue. I've decided I want to pursue writing but already when it's tough or time consuming I am quick to shove it to the back burner and do NOTHING instead... and pursue NOTHING instead.

What is it about me that is so easily put off, so quick to quit when something takes work? I know the things that I work for are the things I value the most but yet.... Arg.


So back to running... I'm ready to quit and this song comes on... and I keep running, (well, more like jogging slowly - but hey, I'm a beginner!) I keep pushing, repeating the words over and over in my head. ( I wanna sing them but I don't have the lung capacity for that just yet!)

"I am running, running after You, You've become my soul's delight... here with You I find my life... one thing have I desired, one thing will I seek after, to dwell in Your house forever more, now I'm running after the thing that really matters, You've become my joy and song."

And I am. I don't want to saunter anymore.

P.S. saweet picture tracey l heppner!

No comments: