Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sigh...

Tonight we had our Burnaby meeting in Estevan, but something was missing...We were in the wrong house, and we were missing half of the team...We had tons of laughs, good food, and some serious talks, but it was different, but good. I thought it was important to see what the other half of my team was doing, so I was searching the website, and the blog site, and I started to get emotional...I was missing the adventures that seem so important to a core team...As I focusing on the pictures, the smiles, Hayley walks, and the the comfort of a home, a part of me feels left behind...I know 5 months will come quick, but in those 5 months, whats going to happen in Burnaby...I hate the fact that I'm missing stuff in my family's lives. That I'm not going to be there for the pieces that so matter, and are so important to me. It just makes me sad to realize that a piece of me is missing. I know that sounds weird, but it feels that way.
I understand the fact that I am here in Estevan, and that this is my home for the next 5 months. I'm not losing my focus, I'm just feeling the grieving process of separation. Usually I step back from the relationships, and become an inward person, but I can't...As I'm choosing to be in Estevan, pray that I wouldn't loose focus, and that I would become intentional with you...my family.
Because this is hard.

2 comments:

breefer said...

hey this is meryl being brian... just making sure this works...

tracey said...

hey meryl..ood to see you (brian) up and bloggin again....hehehe.. so crazy funny, you two are..