Thursday, April 19, 2007

Update

So, I thought I would update everyone on my life since this is my very first blog! Firstly, I quit my job at Hill View Manor (a nursing home), and am going to work for the City of Estevan for the summer yaaee!!! I'll be cutting grass and a bunch of other stuff with people that make life fun. Last year, I did the same thing and the people I worked with made the summer amazing! Currently, I'm just wrapping up my University classes and writing many finals. I've already wrote music, but I still have political science, an educational proffessional studies, and philosphy left to write. Exhausting... yes I know. For moving to Burnaby, I think I will be going in the beginning of August.
Last Sunday for our Burnaby meeting, I shared with the team some of the things God has been showing me. I feel like I'm experiencing Jesus all over again. Getting priorities straight, and knowing what is truly important in life. It's kinda funny how sometimes the biggest life changing things happen in the most unexpected places... like nursing homes. I also feel like I'm in a resting season. For example, ever since I came home from the Philippines stuff has been really slow. Like not a whole lot going on, not really any preassure, plus I never gave a whole lot of effort to be involved in any programs. At first I felt really useless, and truthfully it almost killed me inside. I feel like this was all for a really important reason though. That God knew I was supposed to go on this church plant, and that he sent me back to Estevan to get ready for it. To let go of the old, and embrace the new. This is a lesson that has taken me months to learn. Sometimes it's hard to let go of things that make you comfortable, and want to stay where things are secure. This isn't living. There are some other things that have changed my heart... but I actually have to go to work :) So, I promise it won't take me as long to write my next blog!
Much Love,
nicole

1 comment:

erin said...

hey nicole, welcome to the blog! thanks for sharing what's going on in your life... cool to hear what God is doing.

erin