Tuesday, April 03, 2007

what the heck is going on with me.

well team and people that read this.. I have been doing my correspondence classes in addictions counseling for about 3 weeks now and have been enjoying it quite a bit. Sometimes its tough not to be in a classroom setting but I know right now that is not what God is doing at this time. I have been learning lots about my self and some of my immediate views of counseling, correct and incorrect. I am going to be handing in my first assignments tomorrow and I am excited to see how I will do. The next section is going to be dealing more with substance abuse and the addiction side so then I will have a better idea of its what I want to venture out into.
I have a total peace as to what God has for me on "the other side," but I really have no idea if that will mean working in a school, youth shelter, or something else.
As for being here and not being there, i dont really know where I am at. part of me wants to be there with the team but part of me wants to see things unfold from a distance so its safer for me, to be quite honest. I havent quite thought of the impact it will have when the other half of the team crashes into the already somewhat established burnaby home, but God is gracious and for that I am thankful.
I think thats all for now. we will see what happens. missing you all. stay dry.
talk to you soon
brian

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

bro...
it's so good to see you without having to wonder whether or not it's really you...or meryl. brian has signed in...chuckle.
thanks for sharing your heart. it's gonna be all good when you guys come; hopefully we'll have our heads on straight so you guys can be the loose cannons. :) love ya bud...will call you later this week.
sw